Our Clients objective is to make travel something you experience, not something you plan
They strive to make it possible to book your next getaway in 60 seconds, so all our customers need to do is turn up at the airport and start their adventure. They fundamentally believe seeing more of the world shouldn’t be a black hole in your monthly budget, or a full-time job to organise.
They’ve gone from 0 to 1. Now they need to go from 1 - 10 and beyond. If your passion is in building products from ideas into scalable solutions, this is the perfect role for you. As a tech lead, you will be responsible for building out a robust and scalable system for sourcing, booking and managing travel for a fast-growing user base with a lot of complex needs. You will be proficient across all aspects of development, from infrastructure, to backend and frontend.
- Have complete ownership of the technology implemented - they fully expect this role to grow into our CTO position.
- Work with the founders to shape the next phases of development and experience.
- Work with the operations team to identify technological solutions to roadblocks and implement them.
- Initially 80% implementation, 20% high level thinking, management and planning. As the team grows expect to shift toward management.
- Build out their payments infrastructure to better manage and administer their subscription base, allowing for multiple tiers / additional payments / self-serve management.
- Build or implement a travel appropriate CRM
Technologies currently used
- Backend: Django, Zappa, AWS cognito, AWS Lambda, Stripe
- Other: GitLab (for version control & CI/CD), PHP, AWS Cloud infrastructure, Contentful
What they’ve currently built
- Subscription billing
- Customer preference and data collection
- Trip creation and booking
- Trip joining
- Online guides
- Reveals w/ hotel and flight information
- Transactional emails
- Referral Mechanic
- Trip sourcing tools
- You love learning new things and applying existing knowledge to new problems.
- You are solutions orientated - if you see a problem, you’ll think of a way to fix it.
- You are an owner. You don’t wait for other people to tell you what to do.
- The perfect process doesn’t exist. You constantly think about ways to improve your day to day environment and business processes.
- You like thinking of all the possible edge cases.
- You understand that tech-debt is a reality of moving fast, and how to manage it so that it doesn’t slow us down in the future.
- You can explain complex technology non-technical stakeholders
- You have a customer-centric mindset. They are here to make people’s lives easier - and you want to be part of that journey.
- Experience of payments infrastructure, Stripe, e-commerce and subscription billing platforms is a bonus but not essential.
- Experience in travel is a bonus but not essential.
- Use the product you built. 3 weekends away every year on us.
- Be part of a thriving community of startups
- Flexible working hours - we know not everyone is a morning lark.
- Generous Equity percentage (We want you to have a seat at the table)
- Regular events and talks
- Learn what it takes to build a brand as big as Airbnb or fail trying.
- Free tea, coffee, breakfast every morning and lunches on Thursdays and Fridays