Our Client is on the hunt for an awesome Studio Manager to look after their buzzing central London creative department. You’ll need to be super-organised, that’s a given, be borderline obsessed with spreadsheets and processes, but most importantly, be crazy excited to be part of an industry leader in Social and Word of Mouth marketing.
You’ll be tasked with loving and supporting their 15 strong creative family across a vast range of projects and brands in the tech, beauty, alcohol, FMCG and service industries.
This position reports to the Design and Production Director and operates within the creative team.
DAY-TO-DAY ACTIVITIES TYPICALLY INCLUDE
In a nutshell you'll be responsible for ensuring that the design and production teams are supported and running smoothly, briefs are written on time, internal and external resource is booked, processes are being refined and all the commercial numbers are recorded and ideally, moving in a positive direction.
Their design and production teams are an efficient and independent machine, you’ll be slotting in the team and supporting them in a variety of ways including:
- Ensuring there is resource to cope with all unforeseen incoming work
- Identifying and appointing the correct resource internal and freelance/3rd party and briefing when required
- Project scheduling and planning workflow from a creative perspective
- Negotiating rational delivery timelines in conjunction with the client service and community teams
- Scoping out projects and determining the feasibility of producing final creative work across a variety of outputs
Other responsibilities include:
- Being a point of contact for design and production briefs
- Ownership and protection of creative department equipment
- Keeping track of project and retainer servicing and internal creative department budgets
- Constant development and improvement of processes to make the department more efficient
- Keeping the Design and Production Director updated on the creative capacity and output of the studio
- The growth and maintenance of our network of creative contacts.
- A calm, friendly and hardworking disposition. Excellent interpersonal and communications skills. We need positive, proactive team members, eager to help, take on responsibility and able to work on their own initiative
- Sometimes we need a bit of teeth though, we’re looking for someone not afraid to push back, but always eager to support and find a solution
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing workloads. The capacity to prioritise tasks and work under pressure. You will have the ability to manage multiple projects at any one time
- Ability to understand the working styles and preferences of a range of brands
- A borderline obsession with spreadsheets, resourcing figures and departmental commercial health
- And a hunger for problem-solving.
- We’d love someone passionate about creativity who can support the wider team with ideas and creative solutions to help us deliver exceptionally innovative work
- Previous experience as a Studio Manager or related field
- Agency experience highly desirable
- Demonstrated production background essential
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Integrating yourself into the team, you’ll become essential in the daily running of the creative department
- A happy and supported creative department will continue to flourish and create award winning work
- An increase in efficiency and productivity from the efficiencies/improved working practices you have put in place.
- An excellent relationship between the creative team and client services